2010년 5월 12일 수요일

Commonly Used Social Media Tools

Today, we are going to see what social media are most used nowadays:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rankings:)

1. Twitter(88%)

2. Facebook(87%)

3. LinkedIn(78%)

4. Blogs(70%)

5. YouTube(46%)

 

As you can see, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Blogs are the top major 4 social media that are currently loved by many corporate marketers. It is noteworthy that, in 2009, Facebook ranked 4th while Blogs ranked 2nd. Although Blogs are still popular and powerful social media, it is less used than before. Facebook grew at a very fast rate and is currently employed as a marketing vehicle for many companies. There were some interesting facts to look at. Those who run small businesses were more likely to utilize LinkedIn while man tend to visit YouTube more than women. Twitter, by a small margin, won over Facebook:)

 

1. Tools used by those just getting started

2. Tools used by those using social media for a few months

3. Tools used by those using social media for years

Twitter is used by 96% of marketers who have been employing social media for years. It is also noteworthy that this group is a huge client of video than other groups.

 

4. Tools used by those who commit small v. large amounts of time

1. Those who spend a few hours a week are more avid users of video than those who work full-time with social media.

2. MySpace(which was often low in ranks) was used by 73% of those who commit more than 40 hours a week.

댓글 4개:

  1. This survey is very very interesting! cuz I def. thought that facebook would be the top! wow. haha. It would be great if you write about the difference between twitter and facebook! I think twitter is very active in social issues. if facebook just ends at making big shots' fan page. People literally can read the words of celebritiies on twitter often! and plus, twitter is actually much easy to use. ㅎㅎ(I had to put some 한글 here cuz you blog dont let me post a comment only in english.)

    답글삭제
  2. @김나형 - 2010/05/17 01:16
    Oh, that's a very good idea:)



    I can compare and contrast



    Facebook and Twitter ㅋㅋㅋ



    Always thank you for dropping by ㅋㅋ

    답글삭제
  3. Interesting article. :)

    I am very surprised, too! I thought Facebook would be the top. (because I use only Facebook. In fact, I waste a lot of my time there. :P) Literally EVERY company uses Facebook or Twitter. I often see 'share this on Facebook or Twitter' on many websites. It's just so easy to use and you can get information very quickly.I <3 it :P

    haha weird, I can't use only 알파벳s here :P

    답글삭제
  4. @서현덕 - 2010/05/25 10:05
    I use only Facebook, too and most of my friends are ㅋㅋㅋ Facebook is much more convenient for us to use and basically much more fun:0 ㅋㅋ

    답글삭제